Monday, May 3, 2010

Art History - Visual Analysis Final Draft

I have truly enjoyed my Art History Class. What I thought would be boring and monotenous has turned out to be really intriguing and enlightening.

Our Teacher, Henry Altmann, has a great way of continually repeating information so that we retain it without making it obvious that he's doing it. He also is extremely talented at entertwining a piece of artwork with a clever story or anecdote in order to give us a more entertaining relation to the time period or artist.


I've learned quite a significant amount about how connected art is to its environment during different time periods, as well as the artists purpose and subjects due to these circumstances.

I also feel I have a better understanding of how it relates to the present day because of this.


Here is a jpg of my Visual Analysis Comparison - Final Draft.
The pages should enlarge if you click on them.
There is more info on the artists I chose in my previous post if you want more info.
The paper generally covers the 3 artist's history, influences, style, medium, subject, criticism and personal opinion.
Henry allowed me to chose the subject & artists so this was especially rewarding and interesting to me.

Check it out and would love to hear what you think!

























No comments:

Post a Comment