Monday, May 3, 2010

Drawing Class Update- 6 More Drawings

Here are 6 more completed drawings from my Drawing Intensive Class.
Our teacher Joanie Ryan has us using several different mediums to gain some confidence while we experiment with them. All are monocromatic to allow us to see light, medium and darks in depicting light and shadow. It's tougher than you might think!

We've used:
Charcoal
Charcoal on Toned (colored) Paper
Ball Point Pen with Abstract Line
Acrylic Paint
Water & Ink

I also included a reworked Charcoal Drawing I did for extra credit... you'll see it on a previous post, but this one has darker shadows in the background. I think it helps bring the other objects to the front in perspective.
Some of these techniques I am more comfortable with than others.
Also, some of these techniques work better with my style than others
but it's definitely been very fun to try them all.


Reworked Extra Credit
Charcoal Drawing

Toned Paper


Experiment with Light & Shadow Source
Change Focal Point of Original Drawing


Ball Point with Abstract Line


2nd week
Ball Point with Abstract Line




Acrylic Paint


Sumi Paint Brush, Water & Ink













No comments:

Post a Comment