Monday, August 23, 2010

My PLA teacher- what a blessing

Mary Beth Lawton was such a pleasure to work with this summer during this course.
I did not have an easy task with putting together my massive binder requesting credit for my life experience but Mary Beth helped me every step of the way and never once made it seem like a burden.

I had to have handed in over 250 pages worth of essays, content and spreadsheets that Mary Beth read, edited and then re-read to ensure their proper status for submission.

This paragraph quoted from her biography page at Lesley sums up her teaching approach:

"My primary motivation is to support the health, education and well-being of children and the adults who care for and educate them. I hope to be in relationship with students in the way I want them to be in relationship with children."


Thanks for being a wonderful, supportive teacher Mary Beth... you were an inspiration and I look forward to keeping in touch!

Here's her bio page:
http://web.lesley.edu/admissions/spotlight/spotlight.asp?iSpotID=985

No comments:

Post a Comment