Sunday, March 7, 2010

Art History I

So Art History is sooooooooo much more interesting than I ever expected it to be.

In class our teacher Henry shows us a bunch of different image slides and discusses their meaning, time period, affect on other artists, relevance in history, medium, process, the artist themselves and several other interesting details about the origins.

We started with Prehistoric times... the Stone Age and am now up to the Renaissance.

Henry moves at a pretty good pace and although we have a ton of reading, he keeps it moving along. He also has a way of helping us know what we really need to focus on, so it's so much easier to stay on top of the memorization.

I had my first quiz 2 weeks ago in this class and got an A. Yay me ;)

We had to hand in our 2 choices for writing a comparison paper. I've chosen 2 but also a 3rd has potential if I can get it done.

My choices:

Hioronymous Bosch's "Garden of Earthly Delights" vs.








A few Salvodore Dali's Surrealist Works.





Manet's "Luncheon on the Grass"







Vs Wm. Bougereau's "Nymphs & Satyr"


My own choice is Ingres

Vs. Alberto Varga

... One of my personal fav's.

1 comment:

  1. Ab- I love your blog. Congrats on living your dream! You mention those who have inspired you and I share in some of your choices. I'm a huge Dali fan...but You inspire me!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete